- Detailed model with old parts form the ruin and new tan bricks.
- Fully build detailed interieur.
- All windows are build by myself.
- ca. 48 benches at the galleries.
- Nearly all LEGO arched bricks were used in tan, darkgrey, white and black.
- Lower church at the basement of the church.
- Build March till August 2006 (300 hours).
- ground (all): 102 x 102 cm
- ground (church): 60 x 60 cm
- diameter dome: ca. 30 cm
- height (from street level): 135 cm
- height (total): 145 cm
- scale ca. 1:74
Why building the Frauenkirche Dresden with LEGO?
- Massive media coverage while the reopening phase in autumn 2005.
- The new and old bricks from the facade look like tan and darkgrey LEGO bricks.
- A mirco version was build by Oliver (olivgrau). Cool colors but too small ..?
- The tower crane was build by Bernd (Dr. Brixel). That would be a good starting point for a construction site MOC? But before building a construction site at a late phase you need to build the building. So I started with the building …
- The Frauenkirche seems to be a complex project for a LEGO model. But I couldn't find any "no-gos". The baroque facade did show some arches where LEGO arches could be used and there might be an idea for the dome somehow.
- The internet provides numberous research opportunities.
- When I was in Dresden in March for a short business trip I decided to build the LEGO model.
Overall view | more
The top with the cross | more
The main dome | more
The dome from inside | more
The main church | more
The bell and the clock towers | more
Inside | more
The altar and the organ | more
The lower church | more
Windows and arches | more
Construction Phase (March 2006 – August 2006) | more
Building instructions and part lists
There are no building instructions und part lists available for the models shown on this web site. There are no engineering drawings available. To build the LEGO models only photographs from the real prototypes were used. All models are unique and not for sale.