Small switch-yard steam locomotive (BR 80) with Power Functions drive and 2-point-lighting and some freight cars.
Steam locomotive BR 80 with Freight Cars
A building instruction for my BR 80 steam locomotive is available as PDF download: HolgerMatthes_instructions_BR80.pdf (36 pages, ca. 18,8 MB)
Parts list as Excel sheet (XLSX): Download
Parts list as PDF (PDF): Download
Parts list as Wanted List for BrickLink (XML): Download
I do not guarantee the correctness of the parts lists!
My aim was to integrate all Power Functions components (motor, receiver and battery box plus two lights) in a very tiny little locomotive …
… it worked!
Inside view. On the left you can see the battery box hidden by the boiler.
The receiver is hidden in the coal compartement.
The BR 80 steamer with three 7-wide freight cars.
|1x Power Functions M-Motor, receiver and battery box inside the locomotive, 2-point-lighting in the front and rear
|7-wide, C h2 switch-yard steam locomotive
|BBB train wheels size "M"
|Year of Construction:
Note: buying elements:
There is no one Bricklink shop that offers all the parts you need. It will definitely be necessary to place multiple orders from multiple shops. Possible sources of supply:
- Order individual parts directly from LEGO shop.lego.com/de-DE/Pick-a-Brick
- Dealer network with an English interface and the option to create a “wanted list” bricklink.com
- Dealer association with German interface brickscout.com
- The large and small locomotive wheels are not from LEGO but Big Ben Bricks from the USA.
- Small Bluetooth hub and mini motor from Circuitcubes.com from the USA.
For further information on the procurement of individual elements see Material Procurement.
Building and selling my models
My building instructions are available for free. Building these models is only allowed for personal use. Building these models with the purpose of selling them and make your own profit is prohibited.